The ideal "just in case" filter primarily for emergency use when traveling, hiking, fishing or in emergency survival kits. Also ideal as a backup filter for survival kits, multi-day backpacking trips. The Frontier Filter can be used to drink from any bottle or cup, or directly from water sources. Super campact—fits anywhere.
The Frontier straw filter can be used from any water bottle, cup, or directly from a water source (fountain, lake, stream etc.).
- Compact & Ultra-Lightweight
- Remove Contaminants to 2 Microns
- Ideal Back-Up Filter
- Filters up to 30 Gallon (depending on water clarity)
- Emergency water filter for hiking and camping
- Perfect for foreign travel emergencies
- Ideal second filter for "back up" on backpacking trips
- Removes Giardia, Cryptosporidium and bacteria such as E. Coli*
- No, this is not a primary filter such as the Katadyn Pocket Filter or MSR Miniworks and is not intended to replace them. It is intended as a backup filter to your primary filter should it clog or fail for some reason or to use in conjunction with your water purification tablets. Excellent though for removing poor taste from city treated water or iodine taste after water treatment with Polar Pure or Potable Aqua tablets. Activated carbon helps reduce waterborne chemicals and improves water taste. Think of it as backup insurance.
Removes contaminates down to 2 microns in size including wide spread pathogens such as giardia, cryptosporidium and large bacteria such as E. Coli. Frontier's ultra lightweight and compact package size fits in the smallest day pack, waist pack, purse or pocket.
The ultra light and compact Frontier Filter easily slips into a day pack, waist pack or travel luggage and is ready when you need it. Frontier is the perfect “just in case” back-up filter. Carry the Frontier Filter as a back up on multi-day backpacking trips in case larger pump filters clog or become damaged.
The Frontier Filter can be used to drink from any water bottle, cup or directly from water sources. Frontier will remove pathogens and contaminants down to 2 microns in size including Giardia, Cryptosporidium and E.Coli*.
Filter Prep: A small amount of harmless carbon dust will be expelled on initial use. To remove carbon dust, draw water halfway up straw, Remove straw and discard water. Re-attach straw and drink normally.
Directions: Expand straw and attach wide end firmly onto filter. Fill bottle or cup from water source, insert filter and drink from straw. Take care not to submerge or otherwise contaminate drinking end of straw. Allow filter to air dry for 48 hours before storage.
*Note: Frontier Filter WILL NOT remove viruses or bacteria smaller than 2 microns (E. Coli bacteria is larger than 2 microns). If viruses or smaller bacteria are suspected, use a certified chemical treatment (i.e. Micropur tablets, AquaMira) or boil water before filtering.
Stay Prepared! Stay Alive!